Friday, October 31, 2008

Something Fun!

Since I have been an adult the Lord has convicted me to watch what I do and say. In doing that He has shown me more about Halloween and what it really stands for. So, for many years now we have not done anything this time of year except for decorate for fall and hide until October is over. Trick or treat night is not the same as it used to be when I was a kid and now we don't even want to be in our home that night. Well, a few years ago we changed our plans from hibernating in the dark to spending the evening with our best friends and we are so glad we did. Now we leave early, meet for pizza and then go to Magic Mountain for hours of fun. This is so much fun for everyone. I let the kids pick out a bag of candy that way they still get their candy and then we go have lots of fun with our friends. Our entire family is so excited about going out tonight and we can't wait! I hope you have a fun alternative to this evil holiday and I pray that you are able to shine the light of Jesus where ever you are!

1 comment:

Bill and Christina said...

yahooooooooooooooooooooooo! Can't wait for the fun to begin. Well really the eating to begin:)
Christina