Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Look at the Heart!

I have started a new devotional and it is about the life of David, so I am reading in the old testament right now. 1 Samuel 16:7 says "But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." I have been meditating on this verse for a couple of days. I have come to the point in my life that I want to emulate Jesus Christ in everything I do, so this has become my prayer. I want to look at the heart of man not just the outward appearance. I want to love people the way Jesus loves them. I know what He does and is doing for me so I want to pass His love on to other people so the can be blessed too!

2 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

Yes me too and it is very hard to do. It takes a constant choice to die to your flesh!
Christina

Katy said...

I love that verse!