Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fostercare

I don't have much to say today. I am a foster parent and my husband and I have started a ministry at our church called Precious Hearts. It is an orphan care ministry and we support adoptions, foster care and orphanages. Anyway, through this ministry we have supported several families in getting their foster care license and one of the families happens to be our neighbors. They have their first placement and he is a cute little boy who is now about 2 1/2 months old now I think. Well, there is court for him today and I am going with my friend to encourage and support her. This will be her first time down to the court house for foster care and I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to show her. I am a huge advocate for all foster parents to go to court for the kids that are in their home. I know it can take hours sometimes, but we are the only voice of the kids in our homes and if we don't speak up and care for these kids who will? Anyway, I didn't mean to get on my soap box this early in the morning, but I wanted to post something this morning to stay in my habit of getting on here and posting. So I hope everyone has a blessed day!

2 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

You are a good friend!

Katy said...

That is awesome..foster parents need all the support they can get.