Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Blessed are those who mourn...

I know, what a topic, but this was my devotional this morning. The verse is in Matthew 5:4 and it says "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted". As I read this I was wondering what God was going to say to me through it because I didn't think I was in a mourning or grieving state. This was just it, He was showing me through this devotional that I have become hardened to sin in certain areas of my life and that really made me sad. I have changed many of my ways in the past few years such as not watching television or movies that have bad language, sexual content or violence in it, so this was such a surprise to me this morning. I don't want to lose my ability to grieve, to weep or to mourn. I don't want to become so calloused that I look at sin or pain and remain unmoved. I pray that I am able to be close enough to my Father that I hear His heartbeat for the world and that my heart stay tender. I want to continue to draw close to Him and seek comfort and peace in His name.

1 comment:

Bill and Christina said...

Me too Tammie. I have prayed for some months now that my heart would be of flesh and that it would be filled with His love and compassion. What a wonderful post!
Christina