Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday!

It is very early Saturday morning and I have just had some incredible time with my Lord. I have been up for a while now and I am excited to get my day started. My husband is back and things are getting done in my home. My house is getting organized and it is clean! I love it when the Lord moves in my family. My kids have been so good these past few days that I realized how much fun it is being a mommy again. I guess I needed that gentle reminder just to relax and play with my kids because they are only young once and I don't want to miss these years with my beautiful children. My mind is going in 100 different directions right now so I am sorry if I jump from one topic to the other. Today I am just writing what is on my heart. I ordered the curriculum for my kids this week. I am so excited. My daughter is in 1st grade and my oldest son is 4 and I am going to start him on some kindergarten work a little early and work on it for two years instead of doing preschool and then kindergarten. The really cool part is how every morning they are getting up and asking if school starts today. That just really blesses me. My youngest son is 18 months and he wants to be at the table working too, so who knows what we will start teaching him this year. My husband and I knew before we had kids that we wanted to home school, but then things changed and we felt it was best for them to go to school. We put them in our church's school and really liked it, but God is good and now we are staying home. So, I guess there is lots to do to get ready and I love this time of year. I just love buying school supplies. I always have. Crazy, I know, but I just can't wait to see how the Lord is going to grow our family together and where He is going to take us on this adventure. My daughter really wants to go to Belize, so maybe we will end our school year with a missions trip to Belize. Won't that be fun!

1 comment:

Bill and Christina said...

I am so excited to see you so excited! I am truly blessed to be one to bear witness to God working in your life. I am excited that I have a friend that is always there to encourage me, lift me up, and share the same vision for our families. I cannot imagine my life without you in it! Thank you for being my friend.
Christina