Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Growing pains!

My daughter is 7 now and I did not realize with her birthday we were going to get the extreme attitude. Oh my, has it come and it is pushing me to a level I have not been since I lived at home with my sister. I have come to realize that she is very much like my sister with her actions and her attitudes. Well today I have had enough. She is doing things on her own and I am hoping this will teach her some things. Honestly, it will probably teach me more than her because some of the things she will have to do will show me just how old she really is. She is my oldest, and I am having a hard time letting her grow up and be responsible for some extra things. Anyway, if anyone has any words of wisdom on how to deal with a little girl with attitude please share because I am at a loss and willing to learn. I praise God for this challenge and am realizing that the older my kids get the more I am on my knees praying! Thank you Father for blessing me with her and allowing me to be her mother.

1 comment:

Bill and Christina said...

Stay on those knees and keep redirecting her towards her Father and fill her heart with His word. Seek God for wisdom on every situation that comes up and how He desires you to handle it. Every child is different as you well know and what would work for one might not work for the other. Also through Her maybe God is trying to teach you something about yourself as well as your relationship with your sister. Just my thoughts!
Christina