Thursday, July 2, 2009

For Real?????

So, along with life and being a home owner comes many repairs right? Well our oldest appliance is our refrigerator which is only 11 years old. All of our other appliances has been replaced with in the past five years, but our fridge has been hanging in with us. So, about 2 weeks ago we found water on our floor under our fridge so we called Sears to come out and fix it. Well they finally made it out only to tell me they had good news and bad news. The bad news was that it was not repairable, but the good news is that they will replace it because we have the warranty on it. I didn't know what to say. I just kept asking the guy if he was serious, that they were really going to give me a brand new fridge because this one could not be fixed. Well, one week later, they are bringing me my new refrigerator to my house and taking away the broken one! There were so many to pick from as we were given a price limit and anything over it we had to pay the difference. So, we tried to keep as close as we could because we just don't have any extra money right now to put into a new fridge. We were going to go with a three door unit, but most of the new ones are just a hair too big for the space we have to put our fridge into. There are cabinets around it so space is pretty limited. Anyway, we went with the one that is an updated model from what we have now and there is no overage so it is completely covered by Sears. I am so thankful for my husband investing in a warranty that I have questioned him several times about "do we really need that?" Well, I will never question him again. Thank You Lord for giving us a new refrigerator and for taking care of us!

2 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

Praise God!

Christina

Kathy Cassel said...

Woo hoo. Isn't it great when something like that happens?