Saturday, November 22, 2008

My precious Son!

We have been struggling with our 4 year old. He is going through this stage where he doesn't want to listen and will do what he wants to do when he wants to do it. Well as you know this doesn't work in a family, and it really doesn't go work well with me or my husband. I have been praying for him and things are getting better, however, last night was not a good night. I feel like sometimes all I am doing is disciplining him and that makes me sad. I am glad though that his feelings don't get too hurt because this morning at about 6 am he asked if he could cuddle with me for a bit before we had to get up. This made me so proud as a mommy that I said yes. I don't let the kids in bed with us usually, but I made an exception today. During my quiet time later this morning the Lord was showing me how he just needs some extra mommy and daddy time since he is the middle child. Anyway, I just wanted to share my heart today. To get this our there so I can let it go for now. I love my kids so much, and am so honored that the Lord would use me to be their mother that I don't want to do anything to hurt them. I do however want to train them up in the ways of the Lord. So, have a blessed Saturday and GO BUCKS!

No comments: