Monday, November 24, 2008

AGH!

In my quest to be transparent I need to get this out there. I am struggling with discipline with my 4 year old. He is not listening. He could get in trouble for something and then turn around and do it again with in the next five minutes. I have tried so many different things that I just don't know what to do next. I know boys are different, but I am really having a hard time with him. I don't know what else to do with him or for him. If anyone has any suggestions please pass them on because I just don't know what else to do.

3 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

The voice of dad may help. Maybe he is seeking the headship. For boys finding there place in the family is important. But I would also seek the Word for scripture to give to him to speak over him. There is a way and God will give you the answer.

Sally On Sports said...

Tammie, Hang in there. My son frustrates me more than Samantha ever did...I will e-mail you this morning with some thoughts. But for now, don't beat yourself up.

Love ya, girl.

Sally

Kathy Cassel said...

We still deal with this with Adam. He is almost 14 but acts 4 so we have started to tie his behaviors in with rewards and privileges. "You chose not to do your job without a bad attitude so you chose to sit in your room and read a book tonight while we play games." "If you finish raking the yard with a good attitude and do it well you will be able to play in that same yard the rest of the afternoon." A phrase we use with Jasmine (7) is that we "obey the first time every time." I think it's from a Christian parenting class but we've never taken it. If your church offers one, it might be good to do it.