Thursday, November 12, 2009

Why do I...

Take things on that I don't need to take on? Matthew 11:28-30 says "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." If I take His yoke then I am giving Him my yoke, so then I should have the easier load right? Then why is it that I have such a hard time taking His yoke? I think it is because I don't take the time to give it to Him. That I am too focused on what is going on to even realize that I am taking over and not letting Jesus take it on, like He wants to. Anyway, this is something that I was thinking about this morning and wanted to share my thoughts. I know this much, I need His rest, and I want to carry His yoke, because I need a lighter one to carry. Lord, I pray that you continue to show me when I am not turning my yoke over to You and picking up Yours instead. Father, I thank You for revealing this to me and for showing me how to turn it over to You. Lord, I pray that you continue to give me Your strength and desires, and I will continue to give You all the Praise!