Thursday, June 11, 2009

A New Day!

This morning I started back into my old routine of getting up early and walking. I have been in a bit of a rut lately and this week the Lord showed me that I needed to get back to what He wants me to do. So, I am getting up at 4:00 am and walking before my beloved husband goes to work. This also gives me a good hour or more of quiet time to spend with the Lord before I shower and the kids get moving. Today was a hard transition, but I did it. The coolest part is how supportive my husband is. After my shower I got into my stuff for my face and hair and found a card. The front of it said "It's very simple. I love you." He wrote some very encouraging words on the inside and it just totally blessed me. We have not had cable for over a week now and I think it is bringing our family closer together. Every night after dinner we are spending the time together and the TV is hardly ever on anymore! I am so loving this time we have, and am really enjoying the time my husband and I get when the kids go to bed. We can just sit on the couch and read together, or sometimes put in a movie and just sit together and it is so nice. I love my precious husband and am so thankful for what the Lord is doing in him, me and our family!

3 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

Awesome!!! I am so happy for you!

Christina

Terry said...

I applaud you! And what a wonderful supportive husband you have.

Kathy Cassel said...

My quiet time is so off with our summer schedule. It used to be right after everyone left in the morning but now no one leaves!