Friday, December 26, 2008

One more to go!

One of the exciting things about our family is that we get to celebrate Christmas four times every year. One with Tim's Mom, one with Tim's Dad, one with my parents and one with just our family. We spread it out over a week because with three kids it is just too much to get everywhere and celebrate with everyone in two days. Tomorrow is our last celebration with my family and I am so excited. Christmas day was fun and exciting and I am glad it is over. Today we are watching the movies we got yesterday and it is so relaxing. I had the privilege of putting together all of the toys for my boys last night after dinner and it went late into the evening. Our oldest son got a castle made out of foam and it took me over 4 hours to put it all together, but it was so rewarding today to see him get so excited that it was put together so he could play with it today. It is fun watching your kids grow up and watch them change from year to year. Our youngest son got a little baseball bat in his stocking and he hasn't' put it down other than to go to bed. He is so excited about that little bat. It is only about a foot long, just his size since he is only 22 months old, and he wouldn't even put it down to unwrap any other gifts yesterday morning. It was too cute. So, today is relaxing and then tomorrow is the last of our Christmas celebrations for this year. Then the tree will come down and we will get ready for the new year. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the new year!

2 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

I love, love, love the new look! I am so happy that you have enjoyed your Christmas.
Christina

Kathy Cassel said...

Four celebrations? Wow.